Introduction to Project Management for Non-Profits and Start Ups
Proper planning is key to the success of every start-up and to managing projects within non-profits, especially when working in very small teams and with limited resources. The main objective of this course is to help start-up owners and future project managers understand how to use project management tools to achieve their business and organisation’s objectives. You will learn how to set up a project with a project charter, the key aspects of a project plan, essential cost management tools, and how to deal with key partners and stakeholders.
You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives:
- What will this project accomplish?
- Why is this project important?
- Who benefits from this project?
- How will we plan for successful outcomes?
Who is it for?
Working professionals, aspiring project managers in non-profits, small business owners.
Remarks: This is a two-part module of 2.5 hours each session.
- Part 1 will cover the essential project management concepts and
- Part 2 will introduce you to the tools which you will apply in class on a specific project or business idea.